Leap/gt in La Grange ISD
- The Gifted and Talented Program in La Grange ISD is committed to meeting the needs of students who demonstrate above average potential or achievement. We believe that all children are unique. All children have talent and all children have different learning styles. We know that gifted students learn at different rates and may need different experiences in order to stimulate and maximize their learning.
1st-11th Grade Nominations for LEAP screening process
- La Grange ISD is taking 1st -11th Grade nominations for the Gifted and Talented program for the 2021-2022 school year. The Talent Pool/LEAP programs are designed to provide additional challenge and stimulation for academically talented students. Parents, teachers, and community members may nominate students currently enrolled in LGISD in 1st -11th Grade to participate in the screening process to determine eligibility for the gifted program. You can get a nomination form from the Elementary school office or print one from the "Forms and Documents" link below.
- Nominations will be open until February 1st.
- Contact Stephanie Kates at 979-968-4700 or email to email@example.com if you would like additional information about the gifted program.
- Any student is eligible to be referred by a teacher, parent or community member. This process includes multiple and specific criteria required by the Texas Education Agency. All students referred are tested, teacher input is gathered, and the results are scored on a matrix. Students must qualify based on a preponderance of scores.
- Additional Resources available at TAGT website