LA GRANGE HIGH SCHOOL
SEMESTER EXAM EXEMPTION POLICY
All students must comply with the following general exemption criteria:
**Must have completed STAAR requirements**
1. Number of exemptions is dependent on grade level. See chart above.
2. No more than five (5) absences per semester, per class allowed (excused, unexcused, and medical). Includes whole and part-day medical absences. School-related absences, college visits, and court appearances will not count towards absences. Proper documentation is requested within three (3) days of the absence. All notes for previous absences must be turned in prior to exemption day.
3. No more than eight (8) tardies for the semester, all classes combined.
4. No more than 1 assigned ISS (3 days or less), no out-of-school suspensions, or no AEP assignments during the semester.
5. Must be clear of all fines and fees prior to exemption day.
FALL SEMESTER/SPRING SEMESTER
1. Student meets above general exemption criteria, and
2. Student’s semester grade average is 85 or above in 4.0 and 5.0 classes
3. Student’s semester grade average is 80 or above in 6.0 classes
(Fall semester average is calculated based on 1st 6 weeks grade, 2nd 6 weeks grade , and 3rd 6 weeks progress report grade. Spring semester average is calculated based on 4th 6 weeks grade, 5th 6 weeks grade, and 6th 6 weeks progress report grade.
Please note: Students may not exempt a STAAR tested class during the Fall semester or exempt any content area exam for which the student did not pass the STAAR.
It is important to note:
Students must have a parent signature on the exemption form.
The form must be received by the High School office on or before the date the form is due in order to be eligible for ANY exemptions.
Students who become ineligible for exemptions due to attendance or discipline after the deadline, but prior to exams, will be required to take the appropriate exam(s).